“Life may not be the party we hoped but while we’re here we should dance. “
It’s that time again where millions of people around make New Year’s resolutions and a bunch of promises to themselves they know they’ll never keep. I’ve been guilty of doing that as well but this year I’ve decided not to bother with the pointless routine. Why say I’m going to lose ten pounds when I know I won’t exercise or say that I’ll be nice to people when I know that’s just not gonna happen with certain people involved?
I watched the movie The Family Who Preys on TV this morning (again). When I watched that movie the first time I fell in love with the song that’s played at the end I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack. At the time it made me think about my life and all the things I’ve wanted to do and haven’t done for one reason or another. But like my New Year resolutions of the past I forgot about that after a week or so. As expected seeing the movie again brought similar thoughts as it had the first time. Only this time it’s made me think of something that will last longer than a few days – I’m making myself a “to do list” for 2011.
There are so many things I haven’t done in my life because I was afraid to or I couldn’t afford to or… well sometimes I don’t really have a reason I just don’t do it. So 2011 is gonna be my year to “break free and dance” (thankfully not literally since I’m not very good at this dancing thing). At the end of the year we’ll check back and see how it all went. For now the list is incomplete but I’ll add things as they come to me.
2011 To Do:
1. Go to church (this shouldn’t be too hard to do)
2. Go to the beach (I haven’t been to the beach for a while, kinda sad considering I live on a small island)
3. Get a 4.0 GPA (I had to add supm to the list to please the fans although it’s not necessarily possible)
4. Paintball fighting (heard it’s pretty exciting, wanna see for myself)
5. Get a job
6. I wanna have a picnic (let’s see if I can get my Mokus to agree to do this with me)
7. Road Trip!!!!
8. Go to a club – apparently everybody my age has been to one (except me)
9. …This one will be my secret lol
Here’s the song i mentioned, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.