It’s hard for me to believe that we’re only two months into 2017 as so much has happened to me and with me over the past few weeks.
I’ve been blissfully happy and painfully sad, laughed til I cried and just plain cried because I didn’t know what else to do… I started this year with an overall plan for improved health, wealth, friendships and adventures and so far it’s been an emotional ride.
Looking back I’m thankful for each experience and I am both excited and scared for what the rest of the year will bring.
So far this year I…
- spent a whole day catching up with two of my dearest friends
- took a trip to California and spent a week attending the Special Event Show and exploring Long Beach and Hollywood
- bought a purse that cost more than all the purses I’ve ever bought for myself combined
- worn makeup more times that I did for all of last year combined (if you know me you know this is a significant achievement)
- took a trip to Westwood High with the bestie to attend the launch of our 135th anniversary celebrations (first time back in 10 years),
- freaked out about work thinking that it’s all too much and I’m in over my head
- felt frustrated by work and feeling like I’ve reach my limit with my current department
- found the faith to remind myself that all things are possible through God
- planned and executed two major live shows (Magnum Live and Redemption Live Concerts) … while working on several other projects as well
- Bought into my company’s IPO… got a good enough number of shares that have now doubled in value in just three weeks
- cleared a COK Debt con loan that I had taken out two years ago to pay off the Student’s Loan Bureau
- lent money to someone I swore I never would again because he said he’d otherwise end up in jail
- keep switching between giving up on the weight loss plan and being very motivated to keep going
- “runalked” the Sagicor Sigma 5k run in 53:11 minutes
- went on a “venue hunting” site visit which turned into a road trip to Westend in Negril… absolutely stunning venues!!
- gone through last term’s reports with the kids and dealt with the fact that 2 out of three are failing school
- hit an all time low feeling I have failed the kids and they in turn have started to fail school
- gotten angrier at my mother’s first born for her lack or contribution to her kids and her lack of concern that they are now failing
- got a Valentine’s gift that melted my heart… “Nuts about you” he said 🙂
- had to accept the fact that Canadian High Commission didn’t trust that I would return home after visiting their country so they denied my request for a temporary resident’s visa… which ultimately means my plans to travel to see the hubby for his birthday next month are cancelled
- cried myself to sleep realizing that I will not be seeing the hubby for another 5 months at least
- missed out an a chance to visit lime cay for the first time ever cause I was too scared on going on the yacht because I can’t swim…
- tried to encourage others to be their best selves even while admitting that I have a long way to go
- spent waaaay too much money between the Dermatologist and the Dentist
I could go on, really I could… but for now I’ll stop here. Let’s see what more is in store for me this year…
As the journey continues I remain committed to improving health, wealth, friendships and adventures.